There's a cool event happening on October 1st we want to spread the word about. Giant Steps is a one-day, interactive conference plus an evening concert/after-party taking place in the Twin Cities on Friday, October 1, 2010. According to the website, it's a gathering of inspiring folks forging their own paths and designing their vision of work and life.
The daytime portion of Giant Steps will include interactive, large-group sessions with insights from some of our amazing contributors. There will be tons of info about -
- Getting started
- How they've evolved their work and their outlooks along the way
- What's worked...and what hasn't worked
- Interesting ideas and models for new ways of doing things
There will also be small-group workshops on a variety of practical subjects and focused group discussions. Some of the workshop topics and "mini-panel" discussions include:
- Understanding basic personal finance and links to your business finance
- Legal topics for entrepreneurs, artists, and independents
- How to write an amazing bio
- Networking and promotion
- Using social media effectively
- Gaining access and coverage for your work in the media
- Working with (other) artists
- Building an audience for your business / art
- Working with youth--for income and inspiration
- Exploring alternative funding models
- Building an on-line presence for you and your work
In addition, there will be photographers providing FREE headshots, a forum for exchanging information about useful resources, and The Storefront for Ideas from Works Progress.
There will be many opportunities--both organized and organic--to mix, mingle and meet the other amazing people in the room.
Capsule's Aaron Keller will be on one of the panels and we know this is going to be great!